As a general practitioner within the Healius community, the Institute provides you with access to a wealth of educational resources. From interactive workshops, world-class articles and training videos to online tools such as practice assessments and discussion forums you are sure to find support in your professional development.
The Institute is a unique institution in the Australian medical industry. It is a dedicated and central business resource available to all healthcare practitioners within the Healius community, with the focus of supporting you in providing the best possible care to your patients. This service, and most training sessions, are delivered to you free of charge.
Aside from having access to the Institute, becoming a member of the Healius community offers many benefits, including:
- Unrivalled work/life balance – work full time or part time and in one of 72 locations around the country. Healius offers the ultimate in flexible working conditions.
- Diverse patients – our centres operate in socio-economically diverse communities, so you’ll treat a wide range of patients across acute, chronic and regular consults.
- A rewarding career – Healius offers attractive financial packages and a range of contract options to suit your needs.
- Continuous support – you’ll be working in a centre where it’s easy to confer with other health professionals.
- A patient-first approach – Healius takes care of the administration and operations of your practice, so you can focus on your patients.
If you have a passion for education, we encourage you to join our community of around 100 GP supervisors. We allow you to concentrate on supervising GP registrars and medical students, while the Institute will take care of the administrative burden. You will also be reimbursed for teaching the next generation of doctors and will gain access to our regular national Supervisor workshops. These workshops are designed to provide both up-skilling opportunities as well as insight into doctor education relevant to both new and experienced supervisors.